Work Permits for Canada
Canada is always on the lookout for professionals and workers to build its national workforce. There are a number of different options for Canadian employers looking to fill a void in their business by hiring foreign workers. About 90,000 foreign workers come to Canada on a yearly basis. In most cases, foreign workers have to obtain a work permit, before they can work in Canada.
If you wish to work in the province of Quebec, you will have to apply for and receive a “certificate d’acceptation du Quebec” (CAQ).
There are different types of work permits available to foreign workers.
Some work permits require an LMIA and some are LMIA exempt.
Some types of work do not require a work permit. A list of work permit exempt jobs is reproduced for your information.
- Business Visitors
- Foreign Representatives
- Family Members of Foreign Representatives
- Military Personnel
- Foreign Government Officers
- On-Campus Employment
- Performing Artists
- Athletes and Coaches
- News Reporters
- Public Speakers
- Convention Organizers
- Judges and Referees
- Examiners and Evaluators
- Expert Witnesses or Investigators
- Health Care Students
- Civil Aviation Inspector
- Accident or Incident Inspector
- Crew Members
- Emergency Service Providers
Feel safer with our help.
Whether you are an employer looking to hire a foreign worker or a foreigner looking to work in Canada, we can help you find the best solution.
- Contact Achtari Law PC and arrange a consultation to discuss your overall situation.
- During the consultation we will ask questions to better understand you and your circumstances.
- We will identify any issues and or weaknesses related to your case.
- We will explain the process as it applies to you.
If you decide to retain our services:
- We will prepare your application package.
- We will ensure that your application is submitted correctly and on time.
- Appeal the decision if your application has been refused.
- Share our knowledge to make your transition as smooth as possible.
If you would like us to help you on your application to immigrate to Canada you can call us now on Tel. +1 (613) 564-0004 or make an appointment by filling out the form to the right.
Arrange A Consultation (Work Permit)
“See what people are saying about Achtari Law”
“Negar is a professional lawyer, very knowledgeable in the area of immigration law. Her expertise and commitment to clients files go above and beyond. I’d highly recommend.”