People with a well-founded fear of persecution, as well as those at risk of torture or cruel and unusual treatment or punishment may seek to be admitted to Canada to make a refugee claim.
You can make a refugee claim at the Canadian border or once you are in Canada. The Immigration and Refugee Board is in charge of hearing your claim and will make a decision with regards to your claim.
Humanitarian And Compassionate Applications
If you are in Canada, and would suffer excessive hardship if you had to return to your home country to apply for permanent residence you may wish to pursue a humanitarian and compassionate application. To find out if you qualify please contact our office to schedule a consultation.
Let us take care of you.
- Contact Achtari Law PC and arrange a consultation to discuss your situation and motivation to present a claim.
- During the consultation we will ask questions to better understand you and your circumstances.
- We will explain the process as it applies to you and your chances of success if possible at that stage.
If you decide to retain our services:
- We will help you complete your BOC and narrative.
- We will help with claims, appeals and judicial reviews.
- We will ensure that your claim is filed within proper timelines.
- We will keep you informed of the progress of your file.
- We will prepare you for your hearing
- We will accompany you to your hearing and advocate on your behalf before the board.
If you would like us to help you on your application to immigrate to Canada you can call us now on Tel. +1 (613) 564-0004 or make an appointment by filling out the form to the right.
Arrange A Consultation (Refugee)
“See what people are saying about Achtari Law”
“Negar is a professional lawyer, very knowledgeable in the area of immigration law. Her expertise and commitment to clients files go above and beyond. I’d highly recommend.”
Alain Desire, Canadian Immigration Client